Location: Lafayette Campus
Title: Preschool Coordinator
Department: Nursery Ministry
Reports To: OSC Kids Director
Salary: Salary amount will be commensurate upon experience and performance.
Schedule: Part Time
Performance Evaluation: Performance evaluations and reviews will be conducted on an annual basis.
The Preschool Coordinator is responsible for maintaining and growing a healthy, welcoming, excellent spiritual environment for children, parents and dream team members during weekend services and any event that is held at our campus and required central events, and prepares and facilitates the content used in classrooms to accomplish OSC Kids’ comprehensive discipleship strategy.
Core Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee Dream Team that leads in OSC Kids: from birth to Kindergarten
- Oversee Curriculum and service planning for OSC Kids: from birth to Kindergarten
- Has to be an upbeat, enthusiastic, uplifting and outgoing person who easily connects with adults and children.
- Has a foundation and passion for leadership, administration, communication and excellence.
- Works great on a fast-paced team and takes feedback like a champ
- Ongoing and growing relationship with God
- Active participation in or leading a small group.
- Active member of the local church including, weekend attendance, serving and giving.
- Recruitment process for new dream team members
- Leadership development within the ministry team
- Championing OSC mission and values to team members
- Connecting and helping families take their next step
- Understanding and implementation of policies and procedures
- Child engagement with classroom content
Tasks including but not limited to:
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Attend bi-weekly ministry collaborative meetings
- Collaborate with other nursery ministry leaders in and outside our church
- Communication to pastoral oversight on needs, concerns or problems
- Recruit volunteers to serve in the classrooms for Sunday services and other church-related activities
- Review volunteer application
- Interview – check references
- Develop a relationship with and disciple team members
- Follow children- teacher ratios when scheduling volunteers to work to serve
- Monitor and maintain OSC Kids Nursery budget
- Submitting reports/documentation to appropriate ministry leader
- Submit credit card receipts via church expense program
- Submit check request for payment of invoices and contract labor
- Background checks for new volunteers and renews current every two years
- Submit maintenance request for anything needing to be fixed in nursery area
- Monthly review of curriculum resources
- Weekly review of lesson plans before each Sunday
- Pursuing opportunities for advancement for nursery lessons
- Maintain material and supplies for classrooms
- Keeping nursery area clean and organized
- Any and all ministry purchases
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills
- Pass a comprehensive background check
- Read, write, and speak English proficiently
- Possess solid biblical convictions aligned with OSC leadership
- Proven track record as an effective leader
- Strong administration skills
- Willingness to grow and adapt to changes in a growing local church
- Proficient knowledge of nursery age group
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Reliable and dependable
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Demonstrate spiritual maturity and “good” character
- Ability to handle changes, delays and unexpected events
- Ability to communicate effectively via email, in person, and one-on-one
- Ability to resolve conflicts effectively
- Proven organizational, planning and development skills
- Work independently, self-monitor, detail-oriented
- Strong decision-making ability, exercises sound judgment
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or higher education
- Previous experience in teaching or providing care in a professional setting for children is preferred
- Previous experience in leading a team of individuals is preferred
- Dream Team Leaders within kids’ ministry
- Paid childcare team members for special events
This position requires sitting, walking, bending, stooping, twisting, and lifting up to 30 pounds as needed to fulfill job duties and requirements.
To apply send your resume to email@example.com
**OSC is growing and one or more of the job duties, job responsibilities and/or job locations in this job description may change as well as the job title.