Location: Creative Team (Lafayette campus)
Title: Graphic Designer
Reports To: Creative Director
Salary: Salary amount will be commensurate upon experience and performance.
Schedule: Monday-Friday (Special & Weekend Events as needed)
Hours: 40 hours/week
Performance Evaluation: Performance evaluations and reviews will be conducted on an annual basis.
The OSC Creative Team is looking for a wildly talented graphic designer to join the team. In this role, you’ll produce extraordinary visual content for OSC and be a part of the OSC Creative Team. We believe that visual and digital images that represent Jesus can help change people’s lives. As a graphic designer, you’ll get to work with a team to build engagement within our Sunday experience as well as through visual and print media for all of the ministries at OSC. You will help create content that’s important to OSC in our mission to reach people and build lives.
We are looking for somebody who:
- Has a passion for the local church and believes in using their gifts to help people experience God.
- Works great on a fast-paced team and takes feedback like a champ.
- Is forward-thinking and always wants to make things better.
- Is a leader who can build up other people.
- Find new and improved ways to market content through media.
- Use your design skills to work on a wide range of projects including creating content for Sunday services as well as other ministries at OSC.
- Collaborate closely with the rest of the creative team to brainstorm opportunities for greater impact on the kingdom using digital communication.
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and Lightroom.
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere and After Effects is nice, but not required
Core Duties & Responsibilities
- Recruit, train, develop and manage Creative Dream Team volunteers through our weekly Infuse (development team with all campuses) program.
- Create engaging graphics and animations to be used as part of Sunday worship experience as well as on the website, print and social media.
- Create content and verbiage for all OSC social media platforms.
- Schedule all aligned social media posts for all campuses through Later app
- Assist lead graphic designer on design for events and marketing (posters, slides, banners, brochures, flyers etc.)
- Providing all campuses with graphics needed for screens for Sunday services and resizing them to fit each campus specific size. Upload to Sunday Production Dropbox folder by Friday each week.
- Capturing pictures of worship experiences and special events during the week and sometimes on Sundays as needed and editing those pictures in a way to showcase on social media and distributing to staff.
- Assist Creative Director to ensure all creative content across all channels follow the look and feel of the OSC visual and brand standards.
- Be a part and sometimes lead the creative process and planning creative communications strategy for church events such as Serve Day, Arise, Easter, Christmas, summer camps, student retreats, sermon series, etc.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills
- High level of creative thinking and execution
- Always thinking of innovative ways to raise the bar and take designs and ideas to the next level
- Ability to translate ideas and concepts into creative visuals for print and online
- Can properly and effectively create content for use on multiple formats
- Understands and have knowledge on graphic standards for print and digital
- Has a keen eye for the latest trends in graphic design
- Attention to detail in design
- Ability to work independently to meet deadlines
- Proven experience working in a creative team environment to conceptualize ideas
- Pass a comprehensive background check.
- Read, write, and speak English proficiently.
- Possess solid biblical convictions aligned with OSC leadership.
- Proven track record as an effective leader.
- Willingness to grow and adapt to changes in a growing local church.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Reliable and dependable.
- Ability to manage time and multiple projects effectively.
- Demonstrate spiritual maturity and good character
- Ability to handle changes, delays and unexpected events.
- Ability to communicate effectively via email, in person, and one-on-one.
- Ability to resolve conflicts effectively.
- Proven organizational, planning and development skills.
- Strong decision-making ability, exercises sound judgment.
Education and Experience
- Two or more years of graphic design experience.
This position requires sitting, walking, bending, stooping, twisting, and lifting up to 20 pounds as needed to fulfill job duties and requirements.
To apply send your resume as well as a link to your design portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
**OSC is growing and one or more of the job duties, job responsibilities and/or job locations in this job description may change as well as the job title.